Thursday, January 18, 2007

Community Creativity and Development - update

Community development has been one of my long standing interest both as a sometimes community activist and in terms of the processes involved. Why do some communities develop, others stagnate?

Reflecting this, early in this history of this blog I began a series of posts on community development and creativity:

At this stage, as so often happens, I got side-tracked. However, I was reminded of the need to do a stocktake by an update I have just done on a story on the Regional Living Australia blog.

The story is about the Birds of Bradley Street, a rather remarkable group of women who have helped transform the New England town of Guyra. It's a good case study on the impact individuals can have at community level.

No comments: