Saturday, November 17, 2007

Blogs - some tidying up

I have just been through my various blogs tidying up my cross-references on the side bar to my other blogs and sites. When I began I simply added all blogs on each site. Now I feel the need to separate my personal and professional blogs and sites.

At one level this does not matter. When I began blogging I had no idea what it would do to my electronic footprint. Now a search on "Jim Belshaw" throws up 26,100 references largely shared between myself and Jim Belshaw of the Albuquerque Journal, someone whom I admire.

Now it's obviously silly to try too hard to separate the personal and the professional when anybody who searches can find so much. However, it still does make some sense to try to avoid unnecessary confusion.

So what I have done is put all eight links to Belshaw blogs/sites on this blog as my personal blog, including some not listed here before. On the other blogs, I have deleted references to non-relevant sites or blogs.

People can still find the full range through search. But this will, I think, aid clearer demarcation.

No comments: