Friday, December 14, 2007

Calling Paul Somerville - and all those in the Armidale High Leaving Class of 1961

Elizabeth Morse (nee Storm) is trying to organise a reunion in Sydney in June of the Armidale High Leaving Certificate Class of 1961. Bruce Hoy asked me if I had an address for Paul Somerville.

I do not. I wish I did. So, Paul, or anyone else out there who was in that year, leave a comment and I will pass your details onto Bruce for on-passage to Elizabeth.

Postscript

Through the miracles of the internet, Bruce has already found Paul! Whom else might we find?

Postscript 2

Oigle wrote in a comment:

We are also trying to locate the following: Joan Roberts, Sandra Robertson, Helen Stokes, Gloria Burgess, Val Edmonds, Susan Seaward, Laurel Clark, Anne Heagney, Margaret Evershed, Pat Richardson, Peter Brown, Phillip Brown, Terry Henderson, John Parsons, Tony Rustin, Richard Bedford, Rex Jones, Robert WicksJohn Mozeley, Ray Freeman, Richard Kenny, Ian Armstrong, Laurence Placing, John Cook, and Alan Norton. Can anyone help???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jim for posting this Blog. We are also trying to locate the following: Joan Roberts, Sandra Robertson, Helen Stokes, Gloria Burgess, Val Edmonds, Susan Seaward, Laurel Clark, Anne Heagney, Margaret Evershed, Pat Richardson, Peter Brown, Phillip Brown, Terry Henderson, John Parsons, Tony Rustin, Richard Bedford, Rex Jones, Robert Wicks
John Mozeley, Ray Freeman, Richard Kenny, Ian Armstrong, Laurence Placing, John Cook, and Alan Norton. Can anyone help???

Jim Belshaw said...

Twas a pleasure, Oigle. Some of those names were a blast from the past. I know that Philip Brown is in the US where he was teaching at Brigham Young University. I think that the University web site has an email address for him.

Unknown said...

I was a History Lecturer at UNE, 1963-65
Recognise your name. Think you were in the first year class I lectured to.
If you ever find out anything about PAT RICHARDSON, PLEASE let me know.
She was the last and best girl friend I had in Armidale, until I left for Canada.
Would love to know what became of her.
All Best, STAY WELL - my 3 years ib at Armidale/UNE were amongst the best in my life.
Barry Baldwin
jandbbaldwin@shaw.ca

Jim Belshaw said...

Hi Barry. Emailed you