Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Hindu New Year

Leaving work last night, an Indian colleague mentioned that he was going to the temple to celebrate Hindu new year. Apparently it's a low key celebration this year because of things like Bombay.

I hadn't known that it was the Hindu New Year, so did a web search. Very confusing, because apparently dates apparently vary across India. My colleague's year end is, I think, southern Indian.

Still, happy new year to all even if you celebrated it a little while ago!

2 comments:

rummuser said...

Thank you Jim. Though I live in the Western part of India, I am originally from the South and it is our new year today. So, one of your regular readers/commentators got the wishes! Thanks again.

Jim Belshaw said...

Glad to see that my wishes were on target, Ramana!