Thursday, January 31, 2013

The PM's new glasses

art-gillard-specs-620x349

The announcement that Australia would go to the polls on 14 September  was somewhat overshadowed by the PM's new glasses. Apparently, she has used contact lenses or glasses for reading for some time, but the new look still came as a surprise.

Yes, I know that this is a minor thing, but I did find it distracting. So, apparently, did everyone else! We just know her face so well.

I suspect that the decision to announce a date so early was a wise move. In a way, it clears the air. Can the Government win? Not on the current opinion polls, but that's not really an issue for the moment. Life goes on.     

2 comments:

Evan said...

I think she looks sexier with them - in a librarian kind of way.

Jim Belshaw said...

lol Evan. It really does change her appearance. Mind you, I have always liked librarians!