Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Hockey Season Begins

Well, school sport is back with us, adding to Saturday's crowding and, in so doing, making it harder still too keep the blogs up.

Yesterday the school team played at the Olympic hockey stadium, something that was an experience for all the girls. We went down three nil. Since Clare (youngest) was in goal, this was all a bit nerve wracking. The ball just travels so much faster on turf.

For most parents, these games are a time to catch up with each other. I get too involved to do this, spending my time instead walking the sidelines to keep up with the play.

I am going to miss school sport. Not only have I learned more about sports I would never otherwise have watched - netball, hockey and water polo are examples - but it's just fun.

No comments: